Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Late Arrival, a Covered Roseville Raymor Terra Cotta Butter Dish...



I just listed this on eBay here.  I didn't manage to finish the auction on time to list it yesterday and somehow felt it deserved its own post.  It's one of those things that I love, but almost never use.  I am hoping that if it sells, it will go to someone who will both love it and use it.  If it doesn't sell, well, I'm keeping it!  At least for a while.

I can't remember where or when it became mine, I've had it for as long as I can remember.  In perfect condition, these can go for more than $200 USD.  Mine isn't in perfect condition though, it has plenty of, ahem, character.  I took so many photographs, it was difficult to winnow it down to the seven I included in the auction listing.

If you're an avid yard sale visitor and thrift store shopper, I'd keep an eye out for Roseville Raymor pieces, some of them are quite collectable...  Obviously some are more rare than others.  The butter dishes with the covers seem to be fairly rare.  Even more of a find would be the bun warmers...

These days with my overabundance of possessions, I fight the good fight against stopping in at yard sales and thrift stores, but sometimes I find myself shopping.  I try to only pick up things I love myself, since space is at such a premium, but from having done research for my little butter dish (that's actually quite substantial in size for a butter dish), I think there are some Roseville Raymor pieces that I might buy with the intent to resell...  They really are quite lovely, so if I ended up keeping them, I don't think I'd be all that upset...

Edit:  I was thinking about this post.  I'm supposed to be getting rid of things, and yet, I find myself considering collecting Roseville Raymor pieces...  Sigh, I think I might be a bit hopeless ;)...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, my dear Lisa...love your "edit". You sound exactly like me. I'm thinking of doing a blog post to try and shame myself into organizing and getting rid of some things. I love the title of this blog...it's true, isn't it? Yet, like you, when considering getting rid of things (with all good intentions) I sometimes think of something else I might want to collect! Ugh...what IS it with us? I'm not big into clothing anymore, but art stuff and books and magazines (the arty kind, the ones you want to keep for future reference) are EVERYWHERE. I'm always embarrassed when company comes. Still, I cannot make myself deal with it.
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we resemble each other :). My magazine collection is impressive. I love my stuff, I really do, but I'm trying to let some of it go... It is a bit counter productive when I convince myself to collect more stuff...

      Delete